NOTICE: The LA Parks Foundation has temporarily paused accepting NEW applications for the Donate-A-Bench program effective Monday, March 8, 2021 until further notice. Applications already in progress will not be effected by this pause. Thank you for your continued support.
Honor the special people and events in your life and provide lasting beautification to our city parks! Any individual, family, business or community group can purchase a bench with a personal message on an engraved plaque to be placed in a city park or golf course of the donor’s choice.
In order for your request to be considered, you must submit the application below:
The location of your bench must be inside a Los Angeles city park—this excludes county parks, state parks, MCRA parks, among others. To verify if your preferred location is a Los Angeles city park, please visit the Department of Recreation & Parks website: https://www.laparks.org/
Dedication Plaque Details:
In recognition of your gift, a dedication plaque with your personalized inscription will be mounted on your bench. Our standard dedication plaque measures 3” x 12” and can accommodate up to 211 characters (3 lines) of text, about 65-69 characters per line. Our logo will appear on the fourth line. We kindly request no birth or death dates be listed on the plaques.
Bench Program Terms & Conditions:
- From the date of installation, maintenance of your plaque is limited to 10 years, and may be replaced only once if it has been damaged or vandalized. Upon expiration of the 10-year period, you have the option to renew your donation. The plaque will remain in place even if you choose not to renew, but maintenance is not indefinitely guaranteed.
- New benches can no longer be installed on trails, canyons, bluffs, beaches, or any remote location where installation or long-term maintenance will be extremely challenging.
- New benches must be compliant with federal law as delineated in the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). This means the bench must be adjacent to an existing path or walkway that provides clear access to the bench for people of varying abilities.
- Upon installation, all benches and plaques become property of the City of Los Angeles, and are maintained by the Department of Recreation & Parks. Neither the donor, nor the Los Angeles Parks Foundation, has any claim to ownership of either the bench or the plaque.
- We cannot guarantee how long the approval process or installation process will take, and there are likely other applications in the queue ahead of yours. Please be patient and expect the whole process, start to finish, will take several months.
Effective 2021, you can donate a new bench at the $5,000.00 level or adopt an existing bench at the $1,500.00 level. We accept payment via check, made payable to “Los Angeles Parks Foundation” OR via credit card, made online on our donation page. For the latter option, please select “Donate-A-Bench” from the drop-down menu, and add any additional notes in the comment section.
Your donation is tax-deductible. You are not required to make your donation until after your application has been approved, and making a donation before does not guarantee your application will be approved.
For more information and to start your donation process, please contact Carolyn Ramsay at firstname.lastname@example.org.