COVID-19 RELIEF FOR LA CITY PARKS
As we shelter at home to fight the COVID-19 pandemic, we send deep gratitude to the Department of Recreation and Parks staff that has been doing extraordinary work in emergency shelters throughout the City of Los Angeles. Our city parks and recreation centers are currently playing a crucial role in providing for the needs of impacted communities:
- 20+ emergency shelters designated in recreation centers across the city to house individuals experiencing homelessness (full list here)
- Several childcare centers have been established in recreation centers for children of first responders, hospital workers, and other emergency staff (more details here)
- 550 emergency mobile trailers mobilized at the Hansen Dam Recreation Area to house vulnerable individuals
THANK YOU TO OUR DONORS!
We send abundant thanks to donors who quickly and generously supported urgent needs at our parks. Through gifts from the David Bohnett Foundation, the Werner Family Foundation, Thomas Safran and Thomas Miller, we have provided clean towels and other emergency needs to recreation centers serving as temporary shelters.
We have much more work to do, and we need your help.
Please make a gift today to support the critical work of keeping these shelters operating efficiently and at the highest standards of public health. Click below and be sure to select the COVID-19 Relief Fund on the drop-down menu. For more information on how you can help, please contact Carolyn Ramsay at email@example.com.
External Resources for the COVID-19 Pandemic:
- For up-to-date information on all current citywide park closures, please visit: https://www.laparks.org/covid-19
- City of Los Angeles resources & information: https://corona-virus.la/
- County of Los Angeles resources & information: https://covid19.lacounty.gov/
- Centers for Disease Control resources & information: https://www.cdc.gov/